– Turn the clothes inside out to prevent damage and fading of colors.
– Close the zippers and velcro securely and use a laundry bag if possible (or wash the clothes separately).
– Choose the gentle cycle (maximum 30 degrees).
– Use a minimum amount of detergent so that the colors fade less.
– Wash clothes as soon as possible after a workout. Sweat causes the colors on your jersey to fade. Dried-up sweat can even chafe the fabric, causing it to become thin and eventually tear.
– Never let the clothing soak! This will increase the chances that the colors will fade and overflow.
– Do not use fabric softener! This can remove the quick-drying properties or reduce the water repellent effect.
– Drying in the sun also causes colors to fade. Dry the clothes preferably in the shade.